Monday, May 17, 2010

One week down...two to go

I apologize that you have not heard from the team sooner. It has been a busy weekend and difficult to find time to get any of us into the Internet Cafe. I have written here for you individual prayer requests from everyone on our team. Before I get to that here is our weekend in a nutshell...

Friday we had another night in the square at Aplao where we met Rosa Maria. She is a strong believer who holds Bible studies in her home, along with another brother in the faith, every Sunday from 2-4PM. For us as a team, it has been an enouragement when we meet people like Rosa Maria

Saturday, many of us continued to meet with our cantacts throuhgout the moring and afternoon developing relationships further. We were able to attend a "kids" bible study later in the eveniong at La Central led by 3-4 teenagers. We got to play a little soccer with them as well. We are learning that some of the kids at age 5 or 6are better than us at age 20!

Sunday we had half of the team experience a white water rafting trip down the Majes River while the other half spent the morning in Aplao. As someone who was lucky enough to experience the white water rafting...it was incredible!! That afternoon we joined with Rosa Marie in here house for the bible study. Her brother in the faith Aldero, who is very solid in his faith, shared a lesson with us. Rosa Marie has invited us to her home for lunch next week. Pray that we can be an encouragement to her. We also plyed some soccer with the kids outside the stadium. We shared the "Sin Chair" drama with them. We hope within the next two weeks to establish relationships with not only this kids but their family as well. Pray for a group of teenagers, who we understand to be a¨"gang" in the area, as they expressed a desire to meet with us at the Majes River Lodge where we are staying. Incredible how God works, huh?

This morning, with most of the kids back at school it was a slightly slower day. We did visit Jose Rodriquez school to share some songs, skits and the story of Zaccheus with them. We even got to relive our childhood days as we acted like kids with kids! :)

So that´s the weekend in a nutshell. Onto the prayers...
TIM
Whenever I speak, that I would do as one uttering the Word of God; whenever I serve, serve by the strength that God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Christ Jesus; He deserves all the glory and dominion forever and ever. My prayer is that thporugh the relationship I have with the Father, by the power of the Spirit 1 Peter 4:11 becomes a reality.
PETEY
There is a Catholic school where the priest in the area is the principal. These students are being molded to follow only what the priest says. To question these teachings and authority means consequences. The students are very open and friendly, however I fear that the priest would try and break our contacts with them. Please pray that we can continue to grow a bond with them so we can truly have an oppurtunity to minister to them.
ELI
Please pray that I have the boldness when speaking with the people not being able to speak much Spanish. Please pray that we continue to be spiritually equipped with the whole armor of God despite any trials we may face. Pray that our light of Christ continues to shine hard and bright becuase of the two Jehovah witnesses tryint to share as well.
KATIE
Please pray for two ladies at the bakery that we have been meeting with(Elizabeth & Annemarie). They have a Catholic background so please pray that they can have a relationship with our Lord!
BREONNA
Please pray for me as well as all of the other people struggling with the language barrier. It´s very difficult tocommunicate and we have much to say. Pray that we stay strong and encouraged. Also keep Elizabeth and Annemarie in your prayers, that they´ll be able to overcome their Catholic habits and stay strong in their faith.
FRANKIE
Pray that my Spanish gets better, so that I can better communicate to the people of Peru. Pray that my boldness and desire for evangelism is not just in Peru but that it will transcend to my return home. Most importantly, pray that the Lord will draw men to Himself.
MORGAN
I am so happy to be able to come back to Peru a second time. It has taught me each mission trip (even in the same country) is different. I pray that God´s love will fill all you guys and that it would shine through you no matter what you are doing. I pray that no one will feel useless on this trip for each one was handpicked to come. I pray for the energy of the team and that it balances out. I also pray that we start long lasting relationships with the people here. That we get in the houses of the people and share our lives with them. These people are being evangelized to alot, but they need relationships and to see that we care and that we are different. I pray for Ana-Marie and Elizabeth and the bond we started in their bakery in Huancarqui. We are the beginning of something big, even if we don´t see any change. We are the ones to start a good thing here in this place. I love you guys! Pray for safety for when Megs, AJ and I go home!
ALNARDO
Pray that the people can be more receptive to the gospel and lives be changed. Also that the entire team stays united and we don´t let anything come between us. We need alot of prayer to stay strong and not tire as quickly as we have been. Personally pray that my Spanish continues to build and that my throat and body do not become too exhausted. Pray that my health continues to stay in good condition. Alot of the children I have met have been very interested in the dramas we do so prayu that their hearts are changed as they realized what those dramas really mean.
AJ
I pray that the team would find the strength to keep going. I pray that we would all forget about what we expect & let God define our roles here. I pray the people here would cleatly know the true Christ as Savior. I pray that we would have a genuine love for each other and the people here. I pray we have a deep and lasting impact on the youth here. I pray that this trip will make us all love Jesus more and better see what He has in store for us here and in the future.
P.S.--AJ would like his father to know that the plane lands in Miami at 10:30 PM Thursday nigth. They will stay the night at Morgans house and wants to know if you can pick them up from there @ 10 AM Friday morning? He will call you Thursday night or Friday morning.

Gina: hello family! the lord has been giving me many opportunities to minister to the youth here in Aplao there are so many young girls who want to keep in touch with me and ask me for my contact info. Please pray that the Lord grants me with the confidence boldness and the words (language) to incorporate the Gospel while talking to these girls. that the Lord would grant me inspiration and allow me to be extremely sensitive to his spirit there are some people here you can pray for

Elda- 10 yr old she was attached to my hip she is catholic. when we set a time to meet she couldn´t make it.
Ibily- about 4 catholic as well, she is deeply involved in the pop culture and focuses on beauty and looks
Angela 14-15 catholic girl
Maria- a woman who we met by divine appt. in Aplao she is a believer along with her brother
Alvaro- HE will be moving to aplao to preach the Gospel and minister here Pray that the Lord would continue to allow us side by side while we´re here Also pray for team unity, endurance thatI keep my focus on Christ and HIS will pray that i would be drastically changed by this mission that i would not return the same and also that everything i do glorifies the Christ here ans always ALSO pray that Julio would come to know Christ

Megan This has been an amazing experience I pray thatthe experiences and convictions I have learned here would continue to follow me home I praise God for His softening of myheart during this trip and pray HE would continue to be my everything when I go home I want to continue to rely on Him alone and be sensitive to His Spirit at all times I need the boldness and words to speak about Christ There are some of the people Ive met and would like to keep in our prayersthey are
Elizabeth- (catholic) She practices religion bc of habit and tradition we gave her a bible I pray the word of God would pierce her heart and would forever change her life
Ana-Marie - (catholic) She has amazing hard work and dedication to her bakery that convicted myheart so much she taught me alot - she was so joyful yet worked so hard I pray she would also read her Bible And find truth I pray God would use her life to impact the kingdom of Heaven
Elizabeths Nephew- That he would read the Bible and find Gods truth and would then be an impact to the young people in Peru.
I pray my heart would be always centered on Christ.

Daniel- My request is that you would pray forthe believers that we have beenblessed to meet here in Peru The extent of the work of the gospel physically emotionally and soiritually is revealed through our interaction with the very few believers in this valley. Our hearts break for these believers as they describe the difficulty and oppression faced here, As I am writing this we are talking with a believer we were just introduced to. The mercy that God had on Him to open His eyes is beautiful. Please pray for him (Gabriel) his wife (Olga) Alvaro, Julio.


Until next time..."how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news" Romans 10:15

1 comment:

  1. Praying with my Trinity brothers and sisters for God to meet their needs, keep them well and strong, and continue to bless them as they serve as a united team. Bless them, Lord, and use them for your glory, as they minister to each other, the Peruvian people, and serve as examples of God's love for us. Love you all, stay safe, and hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete